The remaining structure of Lithgow Blast Furnce, NSW, Australia. Lithgow and this Blast Furnace record the beginning of the iron and steel industry in Australia. The furnace was established in 1886 by William Sandford and operated until 1928 when production was moved to Port Kembla. The remains of the pump house are still there reminding us of the history of the area. There is no better time to view this classic ruin then sunset. Limited edition of 100.